REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION IN SUMMER WORKOUTS DURING PHASE 1
Summer workout schedules for each individual sport will be posted on our website https://www.hackensackathletics.org and in each sport’s google classroom.
● Parents must register their son/daughter on Family ID by July 5th. The state mandated COVID-19 questionnaire has been integrated into the online registration. Students who are not registered by July 5th, will not be permitted to participate in summer workouts through the entire Phase 1 of July 13th26th. NO EXCEPTIONS. https://www.familyid.com/organizations/hackensack-high-school-athletics
● Student-athletes who have ever tested positive for COVID-19 shall provide clearance from a physician before he/she will be permitted to participate in workouts. Doctor’s note MUST include the exact date of COVID-19 diagnosis.
● Student-athletes who have pre-existing medical conditions and/or are immunocompromised (ie: diabetes, asthma, auto-immune disorders, etc.) shall provide clearance from a physician before he/she will be permitted to participate in workouts.
● If required, physician clearance notes can be uploaded to your Family ID Registration under the “Physician” section.
● Student-athletes will be required to complete the pre-screening form daily before every workout and have their temperature taken. Pre-screening Daily Form. No student will be permitted to participate in workouts without this. (multiple copies of form will be available to student once they are approved to start)
● Student-athletes will be required to bring face coverings and their own water bottle labeled with their name. (Water will be provided for those who need it.. But they MUST bring their own water bottle labeled with their name). NO EXCEPTIONS.
● Anyone who is late to the allotted pre-screening time or without their daily form, face mask and water bottle will not be permitted to participate in the workout. NO EXCEPTIONS.
● Anyone who has answered “YES“ on their daily pre-screening form or who has a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be permitted to participate and will be sent home. The student-athlete is not permitted to resume workouts until cleared by a doctor. NO EXCEPTIONS.
● There will be a more detailed and specific protocol if anyone comes back with a positive test during Phase 1.
● Workouts shall be no more than ninety (90) minutes in duration and shall include a ten (10) minute warm-up, and a ten (10) minute cool down. Only one workout per day is permitted and there must be one (1) day of rest per every seven (7) days. (All attendees must leave school grounds immediately at the end of your allotted time)
● All workouts shall take place outside during PHASE 1. (no one will be permitted to use the locker rooms or have access to the building at any time).
Access to workouts must be limited to student-athletes, coaches, and appropriate school personnel.
● There shall not be any physical contact, of any kind, between student-athletes and coaches during PHASE 1. Throughout PHASE 1, workouts shall be limited to conditioning, skill sets, and sport-specific non-contact drills. Face Coverings
● Student-athletes who are engaged in high-intensity aerobic activity, e.g., running, sprinting, etc., do not need to wear face coverings during the period of the aerobic activity. Once the aerobic activity is over, student athletes shall wear face coverings.
● Student-athletes who are not engaged in high-intensity aerobic activity, e.g., sitting on the bench, reviewing plays, watching videos, waiting in line, etc., should wear face coverings.
● Coaches and district personnel must wear face coverings at all times. Groupings/Social Distancing
● No more than ten (10) student-athletes may be grouped together in a single area and the groups should be predetermined by the coach prior to the start of the workout.
● Social distancing of at least six (6) feet shall be maintained between student-athletes and staff at all times, including within the ten (10) student-athlete groupings.
● Once student groupings are determined, student-athletes may not switch to another grouping, even for another sport.
● More than one group of student-athletes can be in a single area, provided there is twelve (12) to eighteen (18) feet between each group of student-athletes.
● Groupings must stay together throughout the entirety of PHASE 1.
● There shall not be celebratory contact, e.g., fist bumps, high-fives, huddles, etc.
● Student-athletes who participate in more than one sport are encouraged to be grouped with their fall sports teammates. (Phase 1 is limited to only Fall Sports at this time)
● Sports equipment shall not be shared at any time during PHASE 1.
● Each student-athlete shall bring individual water bottles to each workout for his/her own personal consumption. There shall not be any trading or sharing of water bottles. (If student does not have their own labeled water bottle, they will not be permitted to participate)
● All sports equipment and touchpoints (e.g., benches, agility cones, ladders, clipboards, etc.) must be cleaned and disinfected after each workout with EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants against COVID-19. Locker Rooms/Restrooms
● Student-athletes shall not have access to locker rooms at any time unless needed for restroom access. (The only restroom that will be opened for all sports will be the football field house bathroom that is accessed from the outside)
● Restrooms shall be cleaned and disinfected regularly with EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants against COVID-19. Restrooms use shall be limited to one person at a time. Face coverings to be worn when in the restroom. Hygiene
● Students and staff should make every effort to wash their hands as often as possible including before and after the workout. Hand sanitizer shall be accessible at all times.
● Student-athletes shall wear their workout gear to the workout and shall return home in the same workout gear. (Students will be expected to arrive at the time of pre-screening ready for their workout -- they will not be permitted to hang around before or after. If they were denied entry to practice for whatever reason, they must leave school grounds)
● There shall be no spitting, chewing seeds or gum during the workout.
Your cooperation in adhering to these strict guidelines is going to be crucial in allowing our district and sports programs to move forward. We need to be united and make no exceptions to these guidelines to make it successful and to keep everyone’s health and safety the highest priority.